21 December, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Day 8: 5 Authors I want to read more of.

Today I'm going to look at 5 authors I would like to read more of. Apart from Phillipa Gregory, I read books by all these authors this year which has only whet my appetite for more!

Kazou Ishigaru

This year I read Never Let Me Go and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ishigaru's writing was gorgeous and the story he told absorbing. I'm looking at recommending one of his others for my book group.

Wally Lamb

This year I read The Hour I First Believed and She's Come Undone. I enjoyed both but found the first half to 3/4 of The Hour I First Believed hard going. She's Come Undone sung to me and is the reason I will read more of his stuff.


Tim Winton

Anyone who has read this blog will know that Tim Winton is a firm favourite of mine. His writing is so beautiful. I will often pick up one of his books and just read a paragraph or two. This year I read or listened to Shallows, Scission and Minimum of Two. I aim to read the rest in 2011.



Sonya Hartnett

Sonya Hartnett is best known as a young adult author although she has also written for adults. This year I read Sleeping Dogs and Of a Boy. Of a Boy is the first of her adult writing I have read. I didn't enjoy it as much as her YA stuff. Looking forward to exploring her work further.

Phillipa Gregory

This is the only author on my list that I haven't read any of in 2010. I have previously read The Other Boleyn Girl and enjoyed it.

So are there any authors you're going to check out in 2011? Let me know who, I may need to add them to my list!

Also don't forget to check out Carly's 12 Days of Christmas at Writing From the Thumb  and Keris Stainton at Della Says: OMG!