24 December, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Day 11: 2 Best Book Group Books of 2010

I love my Book Group. It's a wonderful group of ladies who love to get together to discuss books and wider events. We have read so many wonderful books this year, but these are my two favourites.

 Every Secret Thing by Marie Munkara

This was way back at the beginning of the year. It was our January book. It looks at an aboriginal mission in the 60's. Told with a lot of humour, it didn't fail to get across how horrifically some white Australians treated our indigenous population.
The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson

I've said a few times that this book is the best fantasy I have read in along time and I'm willing to say it again. If you have become disillusioned with fantasy fiction, give this a go, it may just change your mind.