22 December, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Day 9: 4 Books I Struggled With

Good morning! Do you like my new blog design and name? I named it, IT expert husband designed it. I looooooooooove my husband! :)
Anyways, day 9. There were a few books I struggled with this year for one reason or another. Most I put down, but these few I continued with and am glad I did.


The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb

I think I struggled with this because it wasn't about what I thought it was about. I thought it was about 9/11, but it was so much more! Once I got over that, I really started to enjoy it. I'm glad I did, because it lead to me reading She's Come Undone and add Wally Lamb to my list of authors to read more of.






The Posionwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver

This was read for book group and while I enjoyed it, I did struggle with it. I think the issue was it was the third Book Group book in a row that dealt with colonisation and the not so good parts. I'd like to read it again sometime.






 Push by Sapphire

The bad grammar and spelling (both absolutely necessary) in this book made it hard going to start with. The content, the horrible situation of Precious' life made it even more difficult. Well worth the effort though.


At Home by Bill Bryson

I still have about 30-40 pages of this to go which I will read tonight so I can return it tomorrow so the poor person next on the list has half a chance of getting it before the break! While quite interesting, I lost momentum half way through and had to take a break. I'm now powering towards the end!




Don't forget to check out Carly's 12 Days of Christmas at Writing From the Thumb  and Keris Stainton at Della Says: OMG!