10 June, 2010

New Year's Quilt

New Year's Quilt by Jennifer Chiaverini.

This is the 11th book in the Elm Creek Quilts series.

I've discovered with this series that at times it jumps backwards from where you expect it to be! In my mind there are two types of Elm Creek Quilt books. The first are set in the present or immediate past. These books focus on the women who have set up Elm Creek Quilts or those who attend camps there. The second are historical and focus on the history of Sylvia's family and friends, usually around the time of the civil war. The last of the books set in the present time was The Circle of Quilters which focussed on the search for new teachers. New Year's Quilt however, is set directly after The Master Quilter. Once you manage to sort out the time line in your head, it's all good and you are off on another wonderful, easy to read, fun book.

After finding the last of these books, The Quilter's Homecoming, a bit slow going, I was worried I was losing interest in these books. But, no. Once again this was started in finished in just over 24 hours. Seriously, for me, you can't beat these books for a good, light easy read. Unfortunately due to the timeline issue, I can't say too much about the book, as it would give away what happens in the Master Quilter and I would hate to spoil it for anyone who hasn't read them yet.