28 June, 2010

It's Monday! What are you Reading?

What are you reading Monday is hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. Go over and check out what others are reading!

What I have finished this week
Tracks by Robyn Davidson
The Quilter's Kitchen by Jennifer Chiaverini
Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert 

What am I reading now?
What the Mother Knew by Edmund Tadros

From smhshop.com.au

From the moment Julie-Anne Hand was told her pregnant daughter's body had been found in the Blue Mountains in January 2006, she was certain her son-in-law was guilty of the murder.
A devastated Mrs Hand had to spend the next five weeks pretending Mark Galante was innocent - comforting him about losing a wife, publicly supporting him and even holding his hand at Jody's funeral - while police gathered evidence.
What the Mother Knew is the real story of Jody's murder and subsequent trial, pieced together from police transcripts, interviews with the family and conversations with the killer.
 This has been on my to read shelf for awhile. I remember this case. I remember Julie-Anne Hand standing beside her son-in-law, holding his hand, comforting him during press conferences. I love true crime books and find that I am flying through this.

What's next?
Hmmm, so much to choose from! I picked up The Lost Quilter  from the library this morning. I'm getting to the end of this series and am eager to finish it. I've also got Unholy Messenger: The Life and Crimes of the BTK Serial Killer out from the library. I had to renew it this morning so should most probably read it and get it back.

So, what are you reading this Monday?