14 January, 2011

Library Loot

Library Loot is co-hosted by Claire at The Captive Reader and Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader.  This week it's hosted by Marg at The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader.

My library loot is a little late this week. Sorry about that, but better late than never I say!


Mistaken Identity by Don & Susie Van Ryn and Newell, Colleen & Whitney Cerak.

This came through the returns shute a work and the Two Families, One Survivor , Unwavering Hope caught my eye.

In 2006 a van with 6 university kids crashed. Five of the occupants were killed, one survived. The survivor was identified as Laura Van Ryn. The other 5 were buried and their families mourned and started to heal. Five weeks later, Laura was well enough for the occupational therapist to ash her to write her name. She wrote W-H-I-T-N-E-Y

The Twisted Sisterhood by Kelly Valen

I put this on reserve after in was mentioned in an article I read about women and their need to compare themselves to other women - in looks, child rearing, career, just about everything! I know I've done it, I'm sure my friends have!

I consider myself to be incredibly lucky with the women I know and call my friends. But I have experienced toxic friendships, exclusion from groups for unknown reasons and the snide little comments that let you know you don't quite measure up.


Library loot this week: 2                  Year to date: 6

So what is your loot this week? Leave me a link, I'd love to know!