17 December, 2010

12 Days of Christmas Day 4: 9 Books I missed in 2010

This one was easy! All I had to do was check my list of Books from Other Blogs list! So here is my picks from that list.



OK, so this one isn't on my list, but I did miss out on it! I came to the whole Maggie Stiefvater thing late in the year. I'm on the request list for this at the library, but I there are too many people in front of me to even contemplate getting it before new years.


I first saw this on Book Journey. The whole idea sounds intriguing to me. 

Life in the Thumb's six sentence review of this tore at my heart. I can only imagine the anguish that goes with a decision such as this. It's a must read for me in 2011.


I love elephants! This recommendation came from All Booked Up.

 
I loved The Time Traveler's Wife. This is one of the first books I put on my list. It's on my Kindle ready to go. Next year I promise!



A recommendation from the brains behind the twelve days of Christmas - Carly at Writing From the Thumb!


I know people who have hording tendancies - nothing this bad though. I do dread cleaning out my in laws house when the die. My mother in law hates throwing anything out! This came from So Many Books, So Little Time. (never a truer word typed I feel!)

I consider myself fortunate to never have been in a position where I thought things were so bad suicide was the way out. Unfortunately like most people, I have lost family and friends who did get to that point. I also get the feeling that this book deals with the whole issue of peer pressure and bullying in the electronic world - something my children will have to learn to deal with and so will I. This review came via Bippity Boppity Book.


I don't remember reading a review of this during the year, but I love Kathy Reichs. This is another on my Kindle ready to go!

Don't forget to pop over to Writing From the Thumb to check out Carly's 12 Days of Christmas. Keris Stainton at Della Says: OMG! has a version too! Check them out!