02 February, 2011

Teen Ink: Written in the Dirt

Title: Teen Ink: Written in the Dirt
Author: Various
Genre: Fiction
Audience: Young Adult
Format: Book  (Library)

Synopsis: An anthology of short stories, poetry and art from American teens.

What I thought: I picked this up off the shelves at work while I was shelf checking and thought it sounded interesting. Teen Ink is an American magazine made up solely from contributions of teens. This is the 6th anthology published by the Teen Ink group. Some of the writing in this was excellent. Well beyond the years of what you would normally expect from a teen. Some of it was very obviously teen writing. Because it was short stories and poetry, it was in easy bite sized chunks just perfect for a 15 minute tea break or a ferry ride. On the whole I enjoyed it, but I won't be going out of my way to read the others.

Recommended for: those who who would like a snap shot of American teen writing

Challenges: A-Z Challenge,  100+ Challenge, For the love of YA Challenge