11 October, 2010

Catching Fire

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

This is the second book in the Hunger Games series.

I've been looking forward to this since reading the Hunger Games, which I really enjoyed. Given how long it took me to get Hunger Games from the library, I was surprised at how quickly I got this!

I did enjoy Catching Fire. You kind of knew from the first one that it would have to focus on the beginning of a rebellion -  really it had no where else to go. However, I didn't find it as engaging as Hunger Games. The game itself wasn't as intense and there seemed to be a lot of sitting around. As I read I began to worry about the ending. I was running out of pages and I couldn't see how it would finish off in any satisfactory manner. I was right. I found the ending very abrupt and unsatisfying. It was like Collins had a page quota and had to finish in a hurry. I'm looking forward to Mockingjay though.