07 October, 2010

The Double Comfort Safari Club

The Double Comfort Safari Club - Alexander McCall Smith

As I mentioned before, I love this series. It's one series I have read that has gone on for this long (this is No 11) and not   jumped the shark. (I learnt that phrase the other day and love it!)

Double Comfort once again sees lots of lovely Botswana advice dispensed with the calm and sensitivity by Mma Ramotswe. A beneficiary needs to be found, whether or not a husband or wife is cheating needs to be established and a bossy, rude aunt needs to be dealt with.

What I do find interesting though, is my inability to read any other Alexander McCall Smith books. I've tried to read his other series' , and there are a few. For some reason, I feel disloyal to the No 1 Ladies Detectives when I read his other stuff. Maybe one day when the series is finished I will be able to give my full attention to the others. In the meantime, Mma Ramotswe, Mr J. L. B. Matakoni, Mma Makutsi, Phuti Radiphuti and those 2 lazy apprentices remain No 1 in my heart!