13 January, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week.






So I'm going to attempt to get back into this meme in 2014. If you want to see what I read in 2013, click here. In the meantime, let's just start with 2014!

What am I reading now?

Bones of the Lost - Kathy Reichs - love a good thriller mystery and Reichs very rarely disappoints.

What I finished this week/ fortnight?

Cross and Burn - Val McDermid - more quality crime fiction. I love Tony Hill!

11/22/63 - Stephen King - pleasantly surprised by my first King read in a long, long time.

Brave New World - Aldous Huxley -  a book that fits into the only two challenges I am doing this year - 5 From Forever in 14 and Best Book List Challenge.

Not a bad start to the year I feel. So what have you been reading? Leave me a link in the comments, I'd love to know!

13 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back. I need to get caught up on some of my Kathy Reichs' books. Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been forever since I read a book by Kathy Reichs. I need to read some more of hers as I remember enjoying them. I have 11/22/63 on my Kindle because it was a daily deal. I have only read a couple of King's books but this one sounded interesting. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting patiently for the other half of the Bones season to return to TV. I do actually own a few of the books but I've never read any of them.

    Read on!
    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. 11/22/63 blew my mind! I didn't know that Stephen King could write a love story that would make me cry, but he did. I didn't expect that to happen when reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I listened to part of 11/22/63 on audio but it was soooooo long that I didn't finish. I need to pick it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice list of books! I loved the Stephen King book, it was just a little... long. But very good.

    Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like some great reading, I have heard of Kathy Reichs, I am not a big thriller reader, but one day I may try a book of hers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 11-22-63 is such an amzing read, I am so glad you are trying it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never read a Stephen King novel, but now I'm interested in 11/22/63. I may have to add it to my reading list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! 11/22/63 brought me back to King. It was so fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I absolutely adored 11/22/63! I could listen/read that again and again. Brave New World is just creepy, especially when you realize just how much Aldous Huxley predicted would happen in the future that actually came to pass!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have enjoyed many of the Bones series although I am behind.
    King was often a bit too dark for my tastes.
    My husband found Brave New World in my Audible library and listened to it just last week.
    Hope you have had a good week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't read Reichs but must look her up. Have a good reading week!
    Harvee
    Book Dilettante

    ReplyDelete