21 February, 2011

It's Monday! What are you reading?


What are you reading Monday  is hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. Head over and check out what others are reading!

Hello! Back again. Let's see what's been read in the past two weeks shall we?

What I finished.

The Scold's Bridle - Minette Walters  

Sparkle and Nightflower - Sonya Hartnett

Linger - Maggie Stiefvater 

What am I reading now.

The Remains of the Day - Kazuo Ishiguru 

I'm reading this for February book group. It was my pick and I chose it after reading Never Let me Go and loving it. This is the second of Ishiguro's books I've read since then and I'm feeling a tad let down. The writing is lovely, I'm just not being grabbed by the story, or lack of one really.

In the car I am listening to

Magyc - Angie Sage

I saw this a couple of times on the library shelf and thought I should read it at some stage. Definitely a case of being attracted by the way the book looks rather than anything else. It's enjoyable. Good car listening.

What's next?

I keep saying The House at Salvation Creek by Susan Duncan, but I don't think so. I have a backlog of library books whose due dates are coming up fast so they may take priority.

So, what are you reading? Leave me a link, I'd love to know!

16 comments:

  1. I loved Never Let Me Go too. However, The Remains of the Day was very disappointing in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Never Let Me Go sitting on my shelf. Glad to hear you loved it enough to want to read more of Ishiguro's stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You books for this week looks very interesting, enjoy reading them. Have a wonderful week. My Monday: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/02/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-27.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently got Magyk for my Kindle when it was offered for free. My students like the series. I thought I would give it a try. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely adored Never Let Me Go! So many layers to that book and such unbelievable writing. But it does take some time to get through, I remember just taking my time with it and that helped a lot.

    Have a fabulous reading week and if you get a second stop by There’s A Book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sitting on the mother load of library books myself... I want to get to at least a few of them before they have to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have to start reading Shiver. But Linger has not been translated yet in my language.

    It's All About Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only familiar with Linger, which was not as good as Shiver, but the cliff hanger ending has me waiting for the third book. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoy his books. I've read The Remains of the Day. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I've also read When We Were Orphans. I need to reread that one. Like the title The House.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you enjoy Linger? I've been wanting to read that one for a while now.

    Here's what I'm reading this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess I'm going to have to take the plunge on the Stiefvater books...I keep seeing them all over the blogosphere.

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want to read Linger! New follower, btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to read Linger. It's been in my TBR pile for some time now. I've never read Never Let Me Go. I've heard a lot about it and the movie looks interesting. I love the movie of The Remains of the Day. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I only finished three books because I was working on papers for school. Come see what I'm reading now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear good things about Linger, thats cool that you can read two books at a time. listening to one in the car and also reading another.

    thanks kylie for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete