02 November, 2010

She's Come Undone

She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb

I borrowed this awhile ago from the library and to tell you the truth, had been putting off reading it. While I enjoyed The Hour I First Believed, I did have to wade through it a bit and I was reluctant to start another wader type book.

I need not have been worried. I loved this. Everything. The characters were engaging and believable, the writing beautiful and the story moved along, every twist leaving you in despair or cheering.

"so beautifully written you trust it from the first sentence." 
OK! Magazine

The quote above that appeared on the back of the book sums it up beautifully for me.

I felt so many things for the main character Dolores. At times I got so angry with her, at others I just wanted to gather her up and fix all her ills. Her journey from childhood through to adulthood enthralled me. Lamb's writing flows like water and you really feel for the characters, can visualise the setting and totally immerse yourself in the world he has created.

I will be searching out Lamb's other books.