02 November, 2010

Mr Rosenblum's List

Mr Rosenblum's List by Natasha Solomons

I first read a review of this by Staci over at Life in the Thumb, but under the title of Mr Rosenblum Dreams in English.

Staci loved the Rosenblum's and I can only say I agree with her wholeheartedly!! From the first the page where Jack is listening to the weather report on the radio (because that's what an Englishman would do) to the last page where...(I won't tell you), I was cheering for the Rosenblum's, wanting them to succeed, wanting them to be happy.

Mr Rosenblum's List is a lovely, whimsical, read. But not only that, it gives you food for thought. When you immigrate to another country, is it essential to divulge yourself of your old identity and totally embrace the new? Do you have a right, or are you able to be happy when you have lost all of your family? What is the true value of dreams and good friends?

I totally enjoyed this book. It left me feeling warm, uplifted and happy. What more could you want in a book!