10 November, 2010

The Complete Peanuts: 1950 - 1952

The Complete Peanuts: 1950 - 1952 by Charles Schulz

I don't think there is an adult in the English speaking world who doesn't know Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Peppermint Patty, Lucy, Linus and Schroder. I always loved Peanuts and when I came across all three volumes in this series at the library I work at, I thought I showed great restraint by just borrowing the first one!

This first volume explains the beginning of Peanuts, Schultz's "rise to stardom" and his determination to stay "normal." It includes a short history of Schulz's life and an indepth interview with him.

To tell you the truth, I only made it half way through the interview at the end of the book. I started to find it very repetitive and only scanned the second half of it. I did however read every single one of the comic strips, laughing out loud frequently. I'm looking forward to the other two volumes.