22 August, 2010

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephenie Meyer

I wasn't going to read this. I have read the Twilight series and her book The Host, but had decided I was done with it. Then last week at work I was reshelving and came across this and thought "What the hell - it'll be a good quick read."

I was right about the quick bit. It's not that there was anything particularly wrong with the book, it was just a bit bland. For me it didn't really add anything to the series, and the cynical side of me says it was simply a money making exercise. A way to have something new on the shelves so the Twilight brand could be stretched a little further. Most probably a must have for die hard Twilight fans, but that is about it.

It did remind me of this song though!