26 May, 2013

Pride and Prejudice Challenge - Part 1

Hello challengers! You will be pleased to know I have completed the first part of my challenge - or at least one of the parts.

Taking my commitment to this challenge seriously, I sat myself down on the couch to watch the 2005 movie starring Kiera Knightly.

Now my friends have varied opinions on this movie - some love it, some think it's horrendous. Personally I didn't mind it, although I wasn't completely convinced by Keira Knightley. But the main reason I watched it was so I can read the book.

I struggle, a lot, with the classics. The formality of the language quite often leaves me struggling to absorb the story. In recent years I have found that if I watch a movie or dramatisation of it first, I struggle less. So although I also plan to watch the BBC version, I chose to watch this first, simply because it is shorter and will allow me to get to the book sooner. At the end I will do a bit of a comparison, but for now I can go to the book having at least the basic story line sorted out!