16 April, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week.


 What am I reading now.


The first of the CBCA Book of the Year Older Readers Short list books. I have five of the six and after spending several minutes trying to decide which one to read first, I decided to go alphabetically!


This is our book group book this month. It's ok, but I think I've picked another dud...



 
Surgeon tomorrow and I'm hoping he'll tell me I can drive so I'll be back to listening to this in the car.

Blog recommendation this week.

This weeks blog is Enjoying The Small Things. As anyone who has been reading this blog over the last couple of weeks will know, Kelle Hampton (who writes Enjoying the Small Things) blogs about her gorgeous family and their journey with Nella, their two year old who has Down Syndrome. For me it's the photos that make this blog.


     
The gorgeous Nella.   

Kelle found this book store decoration in NY!

I also love the up beat feel of this blog. Kelle and her family really do take time to Enjoy the small things!
 
What I Read This Week

Two finishes this week.

Pyramids - Terry Pratchett

Bloom - Kelle Hampton

What's next?

Hoping to push through the Children's Book Council of Australia Older Readers short list pretty quickly so that will likely be my focus for the next few weeks. I also start back at the library on Wednesday so lord knows what I will bring home from there!
So what are you reading? Leave me a link, I'd love to know!

10 comments:

  1. Wow your post is fun... I am reading and taking it all in. Love the books on the ceiling we have a restaurant that has that and I think it is sooooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really look forward to your post and blog recommendation. How did you like Bloom? Sounds like you're slowly getting more mobile.
    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize there was an Older Reader list. Nice. I should check that out. I wonder if it is a recent addition....

    Here's my
    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
    Please stop by and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos, and featuring Nella.

    Sounds like a great list of books...Bloom looks tempting.

    Thanks for visiting my blog,and enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a great week of reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the photo of the books on the ceiling - how cool!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a great week!
    Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so happy you enjoyed Bloom. I have a birthday coming up soon and I will definitely be getting that one with my birthday money.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures and the books sound so good too!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely photos! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kylie! I love that book decoration ha! down syndrome is a blessing imo :) Anyhow I hope you have a great week of reading . Thanks for stoppin by my blog here . http://kerplinky.wordpress.com/2012/04/15/its-monday-what-are-you-reading

    ReplyDelete