09 April, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week.


 What am I reading now.

Pratchett is my current fall back author when I'm not sure what I want to read next!


 
Hopefully when I go back to the surgeon next week he'll tell me I can drive again so I'll be back to listening to this in the car.

Blog recommendation this week.

This weeks blog is Moggit. Moggit is a design blog with a difference, it aims to find the absurd and ridiculous in the design world and bring it to you.


Moggit makes me laugh out loud at least once a week.
 
What I Read This Week

I better reading this week - not sure why - kids are on holidays, I'm still on the couch and somehow I found more time to read - go figure!


Lone Wolf - Jodi Piccoult - I enjoyed this. I followed it up the day after with a post about my issues with Piccoult's mother characters.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - J.K. Rowling - Finally got around to re-reading the last in the series. I miss Harry and the gang already!
The Universe Within - Adrian Ridgley - this is a book I proof read for one of my husband's friends who has gone on to self publish this in ebook format.

What's next?

Well the Children's Book Council of Australia has published it's short lists for this year (look out for a post about it tomorrow) and I was thrilled to see all of the books in the older reader categories were in at the library. They are now all on request and hopefully I will be able to pick them up next week. Other than that, I'm looking for ideas on what to read for my Dystopian challenge - do you have any ideas?? I have done a post here on some ideas I have and what I've already read. If you can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!


So what are you reading? Leave me a link, I'd love to know!

20 comments:

  1. I read Pyramids last year. Didn't think it was one of Pratchett's best, but certainly still entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read much of Pratchett but Going Postal is waiting for me. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Terry Pratchett! he is my all-time favorite author. Love the Discworld, and when I had barely any money to buy books, I would try so hard to buy his - and they were the books I could re-read over and over.

    I think he has two books coming out this year, one is not a discworld novel, but one is (thankfully)

    I'm wondering what kind of book The Universe Within is? Scifi? selfhelp? with that title, a number of genres come to mind. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My book club read Lone Wolf last month. We had a nice long discussion about organ donation and end of life. None of us loved the book though, sounds like you had some issues too.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed Lone Wolf, too; I haven't read anything by Terry Pratchett, but I plan to do so. Enjoy your week!

    Here's MY MONDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have tried some Terry Pratchett but just don't understand the humor. I have decided that he just isn't for me. I have never tried anything by Jodi Piccoult but my students seem to love her work. One dystopia I didn't see on your list was The Hunger Games. Have you read it? Anyway, have a great week and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for Terry Pratchett! I have read up to Book 5 in the Discworld series- I think Pyramids is coming up soon! I read them as in-between books too...when I need something quickly for a trip I grab one! I love him!

    New follower :-)

    My Post: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/its-mondaywhat-am-i-reading.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool, that you got to proof read a book that's been published!

    I've read a Terry Pratchett short story, but never allowed myself to try Discworld in case I got addicted and had to buy all the books in the set!

    I'm going to go check out Moggit now. Looks amusing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have Lone Wolf on my tbr list and I've been wanting to reread the Harry Potter series for a while now. My husband has reread the entire series a few times now.

    Hope you have a great week!
    Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only read one book by Terry Pratchett and I really liked it. I think I'll have to look into reading more of this books. :)

    Thanks for commenting on my Monday post! I hope that you like the other books you read this week. :)
    Happy Reading!
    Ambur :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm yet to read a Terry Pratchett ... where to start??
    Will have to check out your review of Lone Wolf and I'm off to look at your Dystopian post, I have to say I love Dystopian :)

    Have a great week, happy reading and I hope you get the all clear from the surgeon. PS I emailed you about camping at The Gorge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, where to start with Pratchett is a hard question! You don't need to read them sequentially, but I am 'cause I'm anal! Guards,Guards is one of his most popular and very funny!

      Delete
  12. I'm glad you are finding time to read even when the kids are home! It's always perplexing to me why I get more reading done during some weeks than during others. Go figure!
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. With my children home all day for the holidays I know I will get less done than usual! I don't read a lot of dystopian but I'd recommend the Hunger Games trilogy and The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan from what I have read

    Wishing you a great reading week,

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never read Pratchett, I should try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I thought I'd drop by to return your comment. I've never visited you before. I've never read any Pratchett before. Isn't that mostly fantasy? I enjoy fantasy, but I have to invest myself if it's high fantasy. Anyway, I'll be sure to drop back by soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pratchett is fantasy, but comic fantasy - lots of poking fun at more serious fantasy stereotypes.

      Delete
  16. Lone Wolf looks interesting. I like Jodi Picoult.

    ReplyDelete