31 May, 2011

The Sorcerer in the North


Author: John Flanagan
Genre: Fiction
Series: Ranger’s Apprentice  
Audience: Young Adult
 Format: Book - Library

Synopsis: Five years have passed since Will, Halt and Horace helped the Skandian’s defeat the Temujai. Will has finished his training and is on his way to his first Ranger posting at Seacliff. But he is soon sent on a special mission to the North to sort out strange happenings. Is it a sorcerer or is there a more reasonable explanation?

What I thought: My pattern with these books seems to involve me finishing a book and not having a back up in my handbag. So I head to the library and borrow the next in the series. The thing is, I’m always glad when I do! This proved to be yet another excellent book in this series. The storylines are interesting and engaging and I love seeing characters such as Will, Alyss and Horace grow and change. There are another 5 books in the series and I look forward to each of them.

Recommended for: those who want a quality YA fantasy series.