17 July, 2014

Book Review: A is for Alibi

From Goodreads: Laurence Fife was a slick divorce lawyer and slippery ladies' man. Until someone killed him. The jury believed that it was his pretty young wife, Nikki, so they sent her to prison for eight years. Now Nikki's out on parole and Kinsey Millhone's in for trouble. Nikki hires Kinsey to discover who really killed her husband. But the trail is eight years cold, and at the end is a chilling twist even Kinsey doesn't suspect--a second eight-year-old murder and a brand-new corpse.

Thoughts: I've been looking for a new mystery series to read. I really enjoy them, but have been struggling to find something new and engaging. I picked this up in the hope it would be it, especially given it would give me at least 26 books to read (23 have been published, x, y and z are to come). The concept of the alphabet thing also appealed to me. I like a nice, ordered series. However, the reality is it didn't really grab me. I'm not rushing out to get B is for Burglar. I may come back to the series at a later date, but I'm really in no rush. The search continues...