07 April, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week





What Am I Reading Now

As I finished two books this morning (one book, one audio) and haven't decided what is next, I'm only reading one book at the moment - feels very strange!
 

Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen. I think I am enjoying this more than any other Jane Austen I've read. I watched the movie (Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant one )the last week and I have the BBC mini series to watch as well.









What I read last week.

Three finishes this week! Goodreads now tells me I am only one book behind schedule to read the 100 I want to get through this year.


So Much For That - Lionel Shriver. On the eve of leaving his old life behind - including wife and children if they don't want to come - Shephard is told his wife has cancer. All plans are put on hold as instead they battle the cancer with inadequate health insurance.
Shriver is never a comfortable read, but always compelling. For the most part this is a depressing book, but in the last 50 pages it changes completely. Well worth sticking with it to the end.


The Household Guide to Dying - Debra Adelaide. I found it interesting that at the same time I was reading a book about someone battling cancer (So Much For That), I was also listening to one about someone dying from cancer. Two very, very different books about the same topic. This was lighter and a lot less depressing than So Much For That, but just as thought provoking.





The Bookstore - Deborah Meyler. I picked this up on due to a Monday post. Wish I could remember who is was because I loved it. Thoughtful and intelligent chick lit!











So what are you reading this week? Let me know!