13 July, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading

This is how it works

  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
  This weeks Teaser Tuesday comes from

 Culloden Tales: Stories from Scotland's Most Famous Battlefield  by Hugh G Allison

A week later, Charles, dressed as an Irish maid (Betty Burke), was joined by Flora, and together with the faithful Neil MacEachain they sailed for Skye. Charles was keen to carry a pistol in his petticoats for defence, but Flora was adamant about the danger that this would represent if they were given a close search.

Please leave a comment and let me know what your Teaser Tuesday is!

 

7 comments:

  1. Good one -- at least they were sure to find some Scotch waiting for them on Skye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I have had a fascination for Culloden since reading the Outlander series. Adding this one to my TBR list.

    My teasers this week are here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This isn't the usual type of book that I read, but it sounds pretty good. Might have to check it out :)
    HERE is my teaser for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting teaser. Makes me wonder what happened to make him dress up like an Irish maid.


    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has piqued my interest...

    Here's mine:

    http://rainysnowday.wordpress.com/2010/07/13/teaser-tuesdays-15/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good teaser and love that teaser. Certainly gets my interest.

    ReplyDelete