06 July, 2010

Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is hosted by MizB over at Should Be Reading

This is how it works


  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
This weeks Teaser Tuesday comes from:

  The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.

They grab a man who is walking along, a man with a briefcase, an ordinary-looking man, slam him back against the black side of the van. He's there a moment, splayed out against the metal as if stuck to it; then one of the Eyes moves in him, does something sharp and brutal that doubles him over, into a limp cloth bundle.




If you leave a comment, please leave a link to your teaser! 



14 comments:

  1. Great teaser! Makes you wonder what the man did to warrant such treatment.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen the movie but haven't read this book yet. Might be time to get to that section of the TBR. Good teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teaser! This is one of those books that I keep meaning to read but never quite get around to. My teaser is from Blood Song by Cat Adams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I have this book but haven't read it yet. My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite books! :)

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice teaser! This sounds intense!

    My TT is here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Tuesday! I just love this meme! I get to see so many great books. Have a great week, happy reading. Stop by at The Wormhole to see mine! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read this probably 25 years ago - I should read it again; the teaser was intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving you teaser! Hope you will also check out My Teaser. Also wanted to give you a heads up about my amazing news that my debut novel is being released Friday the 13th this August. Hope you will check out the announcement or my second tab.

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Opps! This is why I LOVE my editor. *your

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Atwood, this isn't one my favourites of hers, but it is amazing writing isn't it! I hope you are loving it

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this book. Reading this makes me want to look for it on my bookshelves. :) My teaser's
    here

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice teaser! It sounds intense. My TT is here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh right. Thanks for visiting my blog! I just saw your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete