21 April, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week





So I missed last week as we were travelling back from Rockhampton where my son was competing in the Queensland State Titles for trampolining.  Here's a short video of his routine. They need to do 10 skills and you can hear me counting as he goes. I missed two somewhere!



He did pretty well, walking away with a second place in double mini trampoline and first in trampoline. Which means he is the Queensland State under 13's trampoline champion.



Yeah, I'm a little bit proud! He now gets to go to National Champs in Melbourne at the end of May.

What Am I Reading Now

 


Sense and Sensibility - Jane Austen. Still reading this. Gym time has been limited, although I have managed to watch the BBC version.






King's Ransom - Sharon Kay Penman. You need to be patient if you are a Sharon Kay Penman fan. Her last book, Lionheart came out in 2011. However your patience is rewarded with meticulous research and a great story. Really enjoying this which is the 5th book in her series on the Plantagenets


Fairytales for Wilde Girls - Allyse Near. So every year I aim to read all the books on the short list for the Children's Book Council of Australia's Book of the Year Awards. They have 5 categories and I will read the Older Readers and the Younger Readers short lists. I'll get to the other 3 if I can.
The Slippery Slope - Lemony Snicket I have this audio ready to go for school going back this week. Wonder if we can knock the series off this year?

Darkly Dreaming Dexter - Jeff Lindsay And finally an audio for when I am in the car alone!









What I read in the past two weeks.

For having had a two week break, I really didn't finish much! King's Ransom is fairly large and I have picked up a six week contract which cuts into my reading time! So for now there have only been two finishes.


Wildlife - Fiona Wood. This is the first of the books off the Older Readers list I have read this year. It was a great start.









Light Horse Boy - Dianne Wolfer.  This was the first of the books off the Younger Readers list. Again, a great start.










Not a book finish, but I did also finish a quilt this week!
You can read more about it here.

So what are you reading this week? Leave me a comment, I'd love to know!