30 December, 2012

2012 - The End is Nigh!



The end of 2012 is approaching, so I thought I should make some attempt to end this year with all my reading listed! Here's what I've read since I last posted.



The Shadow of the Wind (The Cemetery of Forgotten Books, #1)
The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafon
This was another book from my list of books from other blogs. I know that at some stage I thought it would be good for a challenge I did in 2011, so it's been there awhile. I thought I was wading through this, but suddenly found myself almost at the end! A book to make you think and wonder - a love story, a mystery, pure literature and totally absorbing! I'm looking forward to the sequel which is waiting for me at home.

Small Gods (Discworld, #13)
Small Gods - Terry Pratchett
And the journey through Pratchett continues. I was half way through this when my kindle died. *sob* Thankfully my new kindle arrived just before we left for two weeks away so I was able to continue and finish it! Yay for Pratchett!

And that is basically it! I'm almost finished Wolf Hall (95% on my kindle), but it requires such concentration that I won't guarantee I'll finish before New Year's Eve.

So in the end I finish the year with 84 definite finishes, hopefully 85. You can view my 2012 list here.

I have decided to continue to blog in 2013, although it will no longer be solely a book blog. I [plan to use GoodReads a lot more to track my reading. Feel free to follow me over there.In the meantime, if I don't get back in here before New Year, I hope you have a wonderful and safe new year and your 2013 brings many, many good books.