26 March, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week.


 What am I reading now.



I was sent this by the publisher to read for a book tour in a couple of months. My first book tour!! I'm very excited!!


I usually only listen to audio in the car and since I can't drive at the moment, I haven't made any progress with this.

Blog recommendation this week.

I love blogs, am addicted to them, so each week I will highlight a blog I love.

This week I thought I would look at a blog that highlights my other love - quilting.

Sampaguita Quilts is written by the gorgeous Emma, who I met in an online parenting group when we both pregnant with our now 6 year old! She designs, pieces and quilts the most beautiful quilts for gifts and her etsy shop. She has had several pieces published in Australian Patchwork and Quilting. I strongly recommend popping over and checking out her gallery.


This shows off her incredible quilting talent. Source: http://sampaguitaquilts.blogspot.com.au/2012/01/little-possum.html

What I read last week.

The good news from the surgeon last week was that I am allowed to start bearing weight on my leg, but it's still limited. However, the extra freedom is wonderful! Three finishes this week.

Wyrd Sisters - Terry Pratchett - continuing the love affair
The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins - a reread in preparation for the movie
Sonoma Rose - Jennifer Chiaverini - the most recent Elm Creek Quilters book




What's next?

Not sure. More Pratchett?? I also need to finish my re read of the Harry Potter series - only The Deadly Harrows left to go. Only problem is it's not on Kindle and so unwieldy!

So what are you reading? Leave a comment, I'd love to know!

11 comments:

  1. Glad you got a good report from your surgeon and hope your recovery continues without drama. Katherine Howell's talk was excellent, pop over to my blog tomorrow to check out the post if you have some free time.

    and I loved The Hunger Games movie, one of the best adaptations I've seen for a while.

    Have a great week and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great reading week! Here's my link: http://writingchristiannovels.blogspot.com/2012/03/hosted-by-book-journey-here-is-what-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to look at quilts. So amazing!

    Here's my
    It's Monday! What Are You Reading?
    Hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tree quilt is amazing! I love that you are spot lighting an Etsy shop.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such amazing quilts! I wish I had that kind of patience :)

    I feel like I need to reread the Hunger Games too, even though I just read the series in February. I just enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that quilt! I read quite a few of the Elm Creek Quilt novels a few years ago but I think that I have quite a bit of catching up to do before reading Sonoma Rose. I hope you enjoy your picks this week - happy reading! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :D

    Bonnie @ www.wordsathome.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wyrd Sisters is a good one. My favorite read this week was the audio version of Shutter Island. Please come see what else I'm reading.

      Delete
  7. Congrats on your first booktour! I'm hosting my first tour in 3 days :) It's exciting isn't it? Murder in Devon looks like a great book :) Now Following your blog. My It's Monday! Post :)


    - Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    P.S. Thanks for sharing the blog link for the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that quilt is gorgeous. I am not sure why-however I like the sound of the title The Potato Factory.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow those quilts are stunning! The Potato Factory is one of my favs by Bryce Courtenay


    Sorry I am a bit late stopping by this week, I've been swamped!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete