23 January, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? Is a meme hosted by Shelia over at Book Journey. A weekly check in to see what you are currently reading and what is coming up. Head over to Shelia's blog to see what others are reading this week.


 What am I reading now.


 
Seriously, who doesn't love a little peanuts in their life? This is the 7th volume in a planned 25 volume series which will see the whole 50 years of Sculz's masterpiece published. So far 16 volumes have been published, which takes us to 1981- 1982. I hate to think what I'm going to do when I catch up as the plans are for two volumes a year.

What I finished this week (and last week).
 
I also finished proof reading an unpublished manuscript for a friend of my husbands.

What's next

I have a few possibilities. Of course there are the last remaining Potter books. I also picked up Donna Tartt's The Secret History from the library the other day. A friend has lent me a copy of Sins of the Father by Eamonn Duff. Those outside of Australia may not know a lot about the topic of this book - Shapelle Corby. Corby was caught carrying a large amount of cannabis into Bali - not a good idea at all! There was much media attention and she is currently serving a lengthy sentence in a not nice Indonesian jail. There has been a lot of controversy over the case - whether or not she was guilty, whether she deserves to be where she is or whether she should be bought home. This book looks at her father's supposed links with drug trafficking and whether Shapelle took the fall for a man who is now dead and taken the truth to his grave.
 
So what was your week like? Leave me a comment and a link, I'd love to know!